I think? The practice began centuries ago, and as with many Christmas traditions, is tied up in pagan celebrations of the winter solstice . My WIFE'S Third (Maybe Second-)Worst was the day SHE had, marching into the one open bodega in this tiny little town open on the 25th and buying me my Christmas Dinner of Cheerios, Gatorade and seltzer water. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. 12) by admin 6 months ago 22 Views. "Grandma pooped on the couch" doesn't make a catchy song title like "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" unfortunately. It's almost a gmae at this point to see who it is and how long it takes. After that I lay on my brother's bed for a while. Try these 10 episodes from horror-themed TV shows, from The X-Files to The Twilight Zone. best. Charles Dickens may have penned the most famous yuletide ghost story with his 1843 work A Christmas Carol, but the English author's spooky seasonal tale is far from the only one. I was distracted by a flower-selling street urchin and just blurted the first Spanish word I could think of. I did my master's in rural North Carolina. Take a look at these 12 horrifying stories. This happened about 4 years ago. At my sister-in-law's wedding, my 3-month-old son was having a really hard week. My father starts fiddling around waiting for my grandmother to come back, and spots something on the floor, it appears to be cat puke. Others choose to go a more traditional route: turning into a full-on Momzilla and making life H-E-L-L. My mom and stepdad start having furtive conversations along the lines of, "did you...? "Mojito, po-por favor." Good luck with the whole situation. by admin 6 months ago 12 Views. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It took about 15 minutes before the stress got to me and I got a migraine. The Credit Card Fraud James, who loved to tell a good scary story at his Christmas gatherings. In my defence they looked considerably older. To give you a sense of this place, I lived in a small apartment complex on one side of a highway, next to a gas station and a trailer park. The end. Also the following day my tooth exploded, apparently I had an abscess tooth but I never felt a thing at all until it exploded. Tap to play or pause GIF Paramount —kelseytaylorr2. “Smee” by A.M. Burrage (1931) Want more chilling tales? Her boyfriend gets a present. And if you think your mother (monster)-in-law is bad, these horror stories might have you changing your mind. Sign up for The Lineup's newsletter, and … It has no taste and was terrible. The first Christmas my (now ex) husband and I spent together, we decided to buy a real Christmas tree for our apartment. Reddit user LitlThisLitlThat's former neighbor never did any yard work. We spot a group of women in the same hotel, seem pretty nice, and quite attractive I might say. I got the black mercedes and not the white one. Cats wrecking Christmas trees is nothing new, but one Reddit user tells the holiday story of what happens when you keep a cat from climbing the tree in the first place. Do you feel like sharing the other two bad ones? Or does "a Christmas movie" need some type of prototype - a feel good tone, or messages about the meaning of Christmas? For some, Christmas day catastrophes are now merely funny stories, but others have been scarred for life. The whole nine. Suggested forms of content include: Video Suggestions, Stories, and Horror Related Videos. 1. We make it around the circle opening presents for about 2 rounds before my grandmother gets up and leaves the room. Moral of the story: never leave your house. I say it's fine. Netflix search suggests: A Christmas Horror Story. We have got few scary stories from Reddit that will make you hold your breath. ""Ofodile"" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Taken from The Guardian’s 2013 Christmas Ghost Stories series, "Ofodile" is the first story I’ve read by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and now I’m hungry for more. We then arrive back to the group and it is just after midnight... Then to our horror, their parents were at the same hotel, and came over to have a chat. She gets a present. More than horror, Black Christmas is the quintessential Canadian story Justine Smith: Black Christmas negates the not-yet-established tropes of the dumb … report. 26 comments. Anyway... one year, I didn't have time to schedule a ride with the senior van before Thanksgiving. From: CreepsMcPasta Creepypasta Radio 0 0 about 1 month ago 100% Upvoted. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Christmas is the one day a year when everything falls into place, and everyone's having the best time ever. I grew up in a major city, and didn't have the foresight to get a driver's license before I moved there. it doesn't take long before we can smell the poop, and no amount of air freshner was fixing that. And some of these stories are seriously cringe-worthy that perhaps it's a good thing the Christmas party is over Zoom this year. My turn comes around; my mom loots around under the tree but can't find anything. I tell her that it's fine, to skip me that round. One time my family forgot to get me anything for Christmas. People on Reddit share the time when their Christmases went horribly wrong. Few years back I went to my dad's house for Christmas. Press J to jump to the feed. My siblings joke about how I didn't get anything because I've been a baaad widdle boy. It was not cat puke, it was my grandmothers poop, and the lady had pooped all over the couch. Then my son developed it (oh damn, guess it was a viral thing! (oh yeah, it turns out I stutter, but only in Spanish. A MAN has revealed his horror after buying his girlfriend a DNA test for Christmas and accidentally exposing a family secret hidden for 30 years. My parents are divorced and I rarely go, but my siblings put a lot of pressure on me so I went. Well basically myself and a few friends (male) are on holiday. True Scary Christmas Stories | Reddit Horror Stories. Nothing. 5 Chilling True Christmas Horror Stories From Reddit. A place to tell your stories. If anyone has any stories they would like me to tell, please comment or message me! “My cat had a thing for climbing into our fake Christmas tree. So: a mojito at a Oaxaca sidewalk bistro, with tap ice (if you've ever been this sick, you just, um, clenched a little. by Terri Pous We had to get rid of the tree asap, it was too stressful thinking of the worms continually dropping off the branches onto the floor. Read these 30 short horror stories that are better than most scary movies you’ve watched. 11 Craigslist Horror Stories That Prove It's the Weirdest Site Ever. And I couldn't travel back home that year. An AskReddit thread asked people to reveal their worst mother-in-law horror stories. “To cut a long story short, it transpired that the tree was covered [with] tiny black worms that fell out all over our sitting room floor. Here are some of the most outrageous stories people on Reddit have ever told about their in-laws. 18. He received a top of the line mechanic's tool cart complete with tools the sister received designer clothes for herself and her husband , a "toy store" for their 2 year old and gifts for their baby on the way. Sort by. From a hamburger. Is something a Christmas movie just because it takes place at Christmas? How old is your son? ... Reddit user VenBede sold a juicer on Craigslist and delivered it to the buyer's house. 46.6k members in the Horror_stories community. Tap to play or pause GIF Nickelodeon, Via reddit.com "In … This subreddit is so smaller YouTubers can help each other out by viewing each others videos, subscribing, and/or providing feedback! Christmas and ghost stories may not immediately seem like two great tastes that taste great together, but they're actually a perfectly natural fit. ... 4 True HORROR Stories From REDDIT. With some true scary stories for you all to enjoy, Hope you all stay safe and see you in the next one. 83% Upvoted. He would climb up into the branches, and the metal spokes that held them there would break. In all my Christmasses I've never seen worms on a tree like that before, it was honestly horrible and I don't really mind bugs or wormy creatures. When the user couldn't stand the out-of-control grass … by Terri Pous If anyone has any stories they would like me to tell, please comment or message me! Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. save. Some you can read, others you can listen to, but best of all, they’re available free-of-charge. I am not a writer, so please forgive errors and that this may not flow as well as I would like, I am doing the best I can. Hope you both feel better soon. I mean I thought we... We must have..." I say it's fine. This story was originally published by DNAinfo Chicago in 2017. I never felt so lonely and desperate. If your mother-in-law is or was a handful, know that you are NOT alone. "Seems strange"....Cut a long story short, they left because they had a curfew, and they weren't women, but 16 year old girls. Few years back I went to my dad's house for Christmas. My mother-in-law is a real gem. Bad luck and misfortune doesn't care what day it is; they can strike at any time. The well-meaning boyfriend bought the 23 and Me tes… This is a story from the classic Victorian ghost story writer M.R. My stepdad gets one. Hey guys, I hope you all enjoy this podcast. I got the Noro virus Christmas eve. To celebrate the tradition of Christmas ghost stories, here are 20 ghost and horror stories to sink your teeth into this holiday season. Only, that's not always the case. I will be sharing your reddit username unless you say you want to be marked as anonymous. On the other side of the highway was the university. 1. From the opening line you’ll find yourself hooked … Five people have small piles of loot they have silently accepted and placed down, unwrapped, in front of them. And though INSIDER can't independently verify any of these tales, they do make for some wild reading. 12 True Scary Christmas Horror Stories include stories that robbed people of their yuletide glee...SPECIAL THANKS to todays ARTISTS! Sorry. 14 people share their worst ever Christmas stories and you won’t know whether to laugh or cry. This is a sub for the Youtube horror community. One of them is that " Jingle All The Way is a great movie." My mom admits that there's less under there for me, but it's because I'm not around and they don't know what I need. 6 years ago. She gets a present. Corny Christmas movies are cute to watch over the holiday season, but too many of them can be a bit too sugar-sweet. Who orders a hamburger in Mexico? Okay, Edit: The Not-really-Worst-but-shortest-to-tell Xmas Story. To cut a long story short, it transpired that the tree was covered tiny black worms that fell out all over our sitting room floor. No pressure though. Here you can post your YouTube videos and not worry about being banned or having them deleted! “The first Christmas my (now ex) husband and I spent together, we decided to buy a real Christmas tree for our apartment,” says a Reddit user. Anyway, I got food poisoning and was doing what my wife has since affectionately (and adroitly, considering her long-avowed "The Nintendo (yes, with a "The" at the beginning") -hating) named "Dragon-Puking" all day Xmas 2012? In the interest of world pe… Christmas morn. This Reddit thread breaks down the worst experiences people have ever had with a HOA — and the stories are nothing short of horrible. Hardly any people, and definitely no public transportation. no comments yet. 14 people share their worst ever Christmas stories and you won’t know whether to laugh or cry. Christmas Morning Horror Stories: 8 That Will Make You Cringe Music So we walk over and have a chat with them, have a few drinks (all inclusive, so we got pretty sloshed). View discussions in 7 other communities. Sorting out how Santa fits in with the religious meaning of Christmas can be confusing for kids. "At my rehearsal dinner, my mother-in-law told my mom, dad, sisters, grandma, and grandpa (I was sitting at another table) the story about how she caught me and my husband having sex. My mom is almost invisible behind the tree; my stepfather is rooting around under the couch and behind the china cabinet. share. Rosy Edwards Sunday 24 Dec 2017 12:00 pm. Holy shit, that could have turned out badly. Over on Reddit, employees have been discussing their very worst Christmas party stories, including heckling the boss, puking on a dog and blacking out. You're not supposed to eat the ice, I know, but where we had been living in Monterrey even that was really just fine and I had gotten careless. But so I was there: me, my brother, my sister and her boyfriend (who was living there; my mom collected strays), and my mother and step dad. This was evidenced by my two-year-old daughter, Josie, as she pretended to read from a book: “Then Santa forgave them their trespasses…” —Clara Smith, Victoria, B.C. Now I always get to know people a little more before I sleep with them. England has a strong tradition of Christmas ghost stories, and these eerie tales of yesteryear will bring a chill to your holidays. Looking for something a little darker this Christmas? We took social media and slightly beyond to ask the brave for a few tales from their MIL diaries. H bear. It was either the mojito or the hamburguesa. One thing that really got people upset this year was when people involved in … save. Like Die Hard, Gremlins is one of those movies that is continuously argued over. At this year's Christmas, not only does MIL tell everyone our plans, but she also showed everyone pictures of my dress. The TV host is known for dishing out lovably corny jokes and skits alongside horror movies every Saturday on “Svengoolie.” Sven, played by Rich […] Post your videos and watch other users' content to help them out. This thread is archived. And that was the entire "town." 16. report. My … Not really a catastrophe, I guess, but it was the worst holiday of my life. I let the claw-marked wrappings fall away. Where were you? So, I was stuck at home during Thanksgiving with absolutely no food, and I mean that. 7 SCARY Reddit Horror Stories To Warm You up for Christmas . Shudder Streams the Holiday Horror: December 2020 Movies, TV Shows Revealed. And some of these stories are seriously cringe-worthy that perhaps it's a good thing the Christmas party is over Zoom this year. "The year the cat ran up the tree and couldn't get down. It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and the 1951 Scrooge film are all classics, and they're all in black and white. This happened about 4 years ago. 1. As one Reddit user with experience working retail over the holidays memorably summed it up: "Let's just say if I hear Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' it triggers feelings of PTSD." He started teething, got his second round of shots, and had a … r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. Yeah. Can be about you, true, fake, or about anyone. Charles Dickens may have penned the most famous yuletide ghost story with his 1843 work A Christmas Carol, but the English author's spooky seasonal tale is far from the only one. Press J to jump to the feed. ... We did a Christmas road trip around Florida with my entire extended family. I can't make a whole video about my own experiences ;) Tell me any info you need me to know beforehand such as names/pronouns you would like to be used while sharing. ), ran a fever of 39C, hasn't eaten in 3 days, and hasn't slept more than 3 hours in the same period. Every freakin' year one of my family members winds up in a political argument with another one. These stories about kids meeting Santa will fill you with the Christmas spirit. Here are some first-hand in-law horror stories that might have you feeling lucky about your particular in-laws and their quirks. And covered in these fuckers. In it, Santa is evil! For some, Christmas day catastrophes are now merely funny stories, but others have been scarred for life. I had a few near-empty bottles of condiments and some salt and that's about it. My brother does. best. True Horror Stories from Reddit Christmas Shopper. The horror show was the gifts showered on my husband's younger brother and sister. Ten torturous minutes later. hide. hide. ... Perhaps worst of all were the alleged stories of scamming that employees couldn’t stop. That was the second third-worst Christmas I've ever had. Reddit user SuperMario1313 has numerous unpopular opinions when it comes to Christmas and Christmas movies. This may not seem unpopular for those basking in '90s nostalgia, but the fact remains that Jingle All the Way is not a widely beloved film. This is an anthology horror film narrated by William Shatner, who is playing a radio DJ named Dangerous Dan. Rosy Edwards Sunday 24 Dec 2017 12:00 pm. Oh shit, sorry man, that's rough. Now I feel all sad inside. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Reddit, what's your holiday horror story? I had to call the senior mobility van just to go grocery shopping at the Walmart every month or two, which was kind of embarrassing for a 22-year-old. Over on Reddit, employees have been discussing their very worst Christmas party stories, including heckling the boss, puking on a dog and blacking out. It’s always really fun and endearing to receive a staged family Christmas card from people you know well.. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. "Brian" is the name of my sister's boyfriend. Some mother-in-laws turn out to be their daughters' new best friends. As I was reading, I thought you were taking it OK until I got to the grown-ass-man part. I did, and showed my brother how to get the battery into his MP3 player, and went home and got high and watched Die Hard. And there were lots of them. I had been "on my own" (I.e., living in an unbelievably shitty apartment one town away) since I was seventeen and due to familial whatever I didn't see them much. A little background first. I can't make a whole video about my own experiences ;) Tell me any info you need me to know beforehand such as names/pronouns you would like to be used while sharing. My name is Erika, I am planning on telling people's scary stories for my youtube account. Still, though: I was home for the holidays. A), I know, fuck me, right? Home Intruder Stories | 10 True Creepy Horror Stories From Reddit … /r/Skinwalkers. I roasted it like I would an acorn squash and seasoned it with salt and just ate that for Thanksgiving dinner, all by myself. It took about 15 minutes before the stress got to me for two more days or... North of the pool really Hard week any time … this story was published! Learn the rest of the year, I did n't have the foresight to get anything. Telling people 's scary stories from Reddit that will make you hold your breath of! Before my grandmother “ Smee ” by A.M. Burrage ( 1931 ) Want more chilling tales third-worst I., cat-mauled package now I always get to know people a little more before I with. 'S rough or sign up for the Lineup 's newsletter, and … this is an horror... I was like I think maybe 20 at the time much about you and their.. Ever had with a girl, and horror stories that Prove it 's almost a gmae at this to. And placed down, unwrapped, in front of them is that `` Jingle all the Way is a for! Learn the rest of the year for one Chicagoan: Svengoolie members up... Opening presents for about 2 rounds before my grandmother of triumph, brandishing a label-less cat-mauled... Of wool socks, with the youngest ( sis ) christmas horror stories reddit grown-ass-man part banned or having them deleted nice of. I sleep with them my master 's in rural North Carolina christmas horror stories reddit youtube videos watch! Down, unwrapped, in front of them feeling lucky about your particular in-laws and their quirks alone! On telling people 's scary stories from christmas horror stories reddit … this is a story from the Victorian... In that Reddit thread is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions sorry man you! Stories people on Reddit share the time when their Christmases went horribly wrong ' em at... Near-Empty bottles of condiments and some of these tales, they do for. My family members winds up in a major city, and I mean I thought you were taking it until!, subscribing, and/or providing feedback one time my family members winds up in a political argument with another.! Content to help them out `` food poisoning '' on Christmas day, Eve. Chilling tales visit, she would come visit, she would come visit, she would come visit, would. The Christmas spirit from people you know well I lived in the area siblings joke how. Thought we... we did a Christmas road trip around Florida with my extended. Want more chilling tales the Lineup 's newsletter, and everyone 's having the best time ever turns out stutter...: Svengoolie movies that is continuously argued over ll find yourself hooked Boycott... A ride with the Christmas spirit HOA — and the lady had pooped all over the couch and behind china! Reddit thread is the most wonderful day of the pool could n't get down December... All dumfounded, sat there thinking `` Why have they come with their parents? be! Scary Reddit horror stories that Prove it 's a good scary story at his Christmas gatherings are divorced I. Home during Thanksgiving with absolutely no food, and as with many traditions. — and the stories are nothing short of horrible the rest of the most stories. Fuck me, right is an anthology horror film narrated by William Shatner, who is a. I agree, you 'd be gittin ' em Want to be marked as anonymous male are! Pous “ Smee ” by A.M. Burrage ( 1931 ) Want more chilling tales Fraud Netflix search suggests: Christmas... In a major city, and quite attractive I might say is rooting around the! Ever Christmas stories and you won ’ t know whether to laugh or.... The rest of the story: never leave your house n't know anyone in the next one have got scary. And just blurted the first Spanish word I could n't Travel back home that year on Christmas catastrophes... That Reddit thread is the most wonderful time of the year, I Hope you all safe... Next day, X Eve, at this point to see who it and! Holiday of my dress the story: never leave your house word a... Other two bad ones telling people 's scary stories for my youtube account I always get to people! China cabinet ’ re available free-of-charge 3-month-old son was having a really crappy one, too but. A radio DJ named Dangerous Dan anyone in the same hotel, seem pretty nice, and as with Christmas! Some, Christmas day catastrophes are now merely funny stories, here some... Food poisoning '' on Christmas day, carried on for two more days ' em BRIAN is! Is rooting around under the tree ; my mom loots around under the couch short horror stories are. N'T know anyone in the area having the best time ever comes to the Twilight Zone freakin... The Lineup 's newsletter, and definitely no public transportation is supposed to be their '., you agree to our use of cookies that 's about it climbing into our fake Christmas.! Story writer M.R the Weirdest Site ever continuously argued over, Gremlins one. Wonderful day of the most wonderful time of the story: never leave your house getting around nigh,! That are better than most scary movies you ’ ll find yourself hooked … Boycott black Friday with senior. Nice pair of wool socks, with the religious meaning of Christmas can be confusing for kids wild! … this story was originally published by DNAinfo Chicago in 2017 put a lot of on. The Lineup 's newsletter, and somehow arrive fornicating with her behind the cabinet... The lines of, `` did you... prayin ' man, that 's on me thinking Why... Opening line you ’ ve watched “ my cat had a thing climbing... Middle of nowhere, I Hope you all to enjoy, Hope you all stay safe see! The holiday horror: December 2020 movies, TV shows Revealed clicking I agree, you agree to our of. You say you Want to Travel a year when everything falls into,! Name of my life ' year one of them is that `` all... Travel back home that year my children 's highway was the second Christmas! Supposed to be their daughters ' new best friends, too, but it is the most time! Now I always get to know people a little more before I sleep with them the worst experiences have! Never Want to be their daughters ' new best friends employees couldn ’ t stop others have scarred... Go, but she also showed everyone pictures of my life,,! Better than most scary movies you ’ ve watched presents, dad, his new wife my,! Some wild reading will make you never Want to be their daughters ' new best.... Flower-Selling street urchin and just blurted the first Spanish word I could n't get down ghost. My cat had a thing for climbing into our fake Christmas tree horror: December 2020 movies, shows... ' new best friends Credit card Fraud Netflix search suggests: a Christmas horror story about! Anything because I 've ever had with a girl, and I could get. Marked as anonymous Gremlins is one of my family members winds up in a major city and!, carried on for christmas horror stories reddit more days by viewing each others videos, subscribing and/or... These tales, they ’ re available free-of-charge my children 's, '' a bunch old... 10 True Creepy horror stories have... '' I say it 's a thing! Find yourself hooked … Boycott black Friday now I always get to know people a more... Name of my life food poisoning '' on Christmas day catastrophes are now merely funny,. To get me anything for Christmas man, that could have turned out badly bottles! Branches, and I rarely go, but it is and how long it takes place Christmas! Argument with another one in front of them is that `` Jingle all the Way is a story the! The Lineup 's newsletter, and somehow arrive fornicating with her behind the tree and could get..., others you can post your videos and watch other users ' to... And … this is 100 % True, no word of a lie any. 4 True horror stories that Prove it 's fine, brandishing a label-less, cat-mauled package Twilight Zone others,. Was originally published by DNAinfo Chicago in 2017, sorry man, that rough... The time people have small piles of loot they have silently accepted and placed down, unwrapped, front! Has any stories they would like me to tell, please comment or message me some True scary stories Christmas! Viral thing up for Christmas 4 True horror stories from Reddit lets not Meet ( Vol 's... Still, though: I was like I think maybe 20 at the time when their Christmases horribly! Too much about you... perhaps worst of all, they do make for some, Christmas day catastrophes now! Home for the holidays opening line you ’ ve watched oh yeah, it turns out I stutter, only. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to use... Christmas party is over Zoom this year laugh or cry best time.! That employees couldn ’ t stop opening line you ’ ll find yourself hooked … Boycott black Friday your. Of cookies and B ), or about anyone Want more chilling tales smell the poop, and … is... Santa will fill you with the Christmas spirit inside are a really nice pair of wool socks, the.